|The Citizens Democratic Party
|"Putting People First"
Reduce crime in cities and towns to levels that will instill a sense of security and peace of mind to the citizenry.
1. Police Service not adequately equipped nor trained to combat crime.
2. Inadequate number of police officers.
3. Lack of a national data base of all people living in and outside Zambia.
4. Unmotivated police officers and poorly re-numerated.
1. With funds from the cost- containment program and traffic violation fines the following will be pursued;
ii. Increase the current fleet of police vehicles and motor cycles
iii. Build appropriate police station facilities
iv. Employee more police officers
v. Review current salary scales
2. The Ministry of Home Affairs shall be charged with the responsibility to create a national data base of all people living in and outside Zambia.
3. The National Registration Card number shall be allocated one year after birth and the number indicated on the birth certificate as a measure to prevent fraud of NRC issuance.
4. The department of passports and citizenship will be reorganized to curb corruption and bribery. Passport processing will be done in regional offices. Example; region 1 will
process applications for region 3, region 2 for region 4 and vice versa.
5. All approved and issued passports, drivers licenses, N.R.Cs will be mailed to the applicants to avoid human interaction which breeds bribery and corruption.
|The CDP Solution